July 7, 2016

Alicia Keys decides to stop using makeup

Alicia Keys is one of the artists that inspire many women around the world with her feminist actions. In the new cover of Fault Magazine she did no different: posed without makeup and declared in an open letter in the newsletter Lenny Letter that his new attitude is "the strongest thing, powerful, free and honestly beautiful" that already felt.

In the letter, the singer confesses that he always felt a lot of pressure to fit the standards of beauty - so much so that many letters of her songs talked about wear masks and hide. That changed in his new album, "In Common", in whose pictures she appears without makeup, revealing sardines on her face.

"Every time I leave home, I worried if I was not wearing makeup? And someone took a picture and put on internet? These were insecure thoughts, superficial and honest that I had and all that, if a way or another, it was very much based on what people thought of me...'' she reflects. "One of the many things I was tired was the constant judgment of women. The constant stereotype that makes us feel that the normal size, is not normal, and God forbid if you are plus size."

Alicia is also leaving her naturally curly hair, and at the end of her open letter, states that left the makeup once and for all. "I don't want to cover me. Not my face, neither my mind nor my soul, not my thoughts, nor my dreams or my difficulties, nor my emotional growth. Nothing."

View photos of Alicia that the photographer Zoltan Tombor made for Fault:








































































































Published by Manu

No comments:

Post a Comment