May 19, 2016

Creator of Faking It reveals how would be the series finale

Without having a chance to wrap up the story in the way he wanted, Carter Covington, creator of Faking It, wrote an open letter to fans of the serie, telling the end of Karma (Katie Stevens) and Amy (Rita Volk). Check out the letter:


Dear Faking It's fandom,

I wrote Faking It to cure me. Growing up as a gay teenager in the closet in North Carolina, I fell in love with some of my best friends. Unlike Amy, I never said a word, because the rejection seemed inevitable. Needless to say that all these friendships ended. The journey of Amy was my chance to relive all those feelings in the safety of a script. It might be brave enough to take the risks that I never could. Amy could tell Karma that he loved her, and I could rewrite my past.

It was always my intention to make "Karmy" happen in our last season. Karma finally understand that her possessiveness by Amy could be a sign of a deeper feelings for her best friend. It would be difficult to share these feelings with Amy, knowing she could not raise expectations on her friend again, unless she was sure.





















Unable to let another chance go, Karma kiss Amy impetuously, and a new moment of "Wow..." "I know..." kindled this new phase in the relationship of them. If it makes you deliriously happy, then please stop reading and let that be the end in your head.



















How satisfying it would be to finally see Karma and Amy together like a real couple! We would have a lot of kisses, none of them in a dream! But gradually it would be clear that, by becoming a couple, the two lose something that makes them... they. Eventually, the two would realize that they would have to sacrifice dating to save the friendship. The series would end the dreams of life Karma and Amy intact: roommates in college, neighboring one another, best friends forever. That's what 'Karmy' always meant to me.

I'm sorry that I can't tell this story (though many fans must have been relieved). I'm sorry that we can't explore the amazing novel Liam and Lauren. Or follow the development in the relationship between Shane and Noah. I will miss of Director Penelope, Farrah and Bruce, Molly and Luke... And of course, Diane. Always I wonder what happened to Lisbeth and Read, Reagan, Theo and Duke. I will miss Hester High and all its peculiarities.

But what I miss most feel is working with an amazing group of artists to deliver this message of self-acceptance and love to our fans around the world. This show cured me, and I hope it has cured some of you too. I am deeply grateful to MTV, to our incredible cast, writers and staff, and all of you for this truly special experience.






























Published by Manu

No comments:

Post a Comment